It is healthy, delicious, easily available and relatively cheap. On its basis, you can prepare tasty juices that are better absorbed by the body than raw vegetables. What other properties does carrot juice have? How to make carrot juice?
Carrot juice – properties:
- Counteracting cancer – along with an apple, it is used as a base of juice in the popular anti-cancer diet – Gerson’s diet.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease and heart attacks by lowering the level of stress and cholesterol. This is the effect of antioxidants contained in carrots.
- Improves eyesight. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, lutein, vitamin A and zeaxanthin, which are used to treat eye diseases and discomfort. While it’s easy to overdose a synthetic vitamin A, you cannot overdose its natural source, which is the carrot.
- Reduces inflammation and redness of the skin, which is why carrot juice is helpful in treating dermatological problems.
- It protects the liver because it breaks down toxins accumulated in it.
- Supports slimming by speeding up foods digestion.
- It improves the appearance of the skin. Carrot makes the skin radiant, tense, and smooth. In addition, it accelerates tanning.
Can the skin become orange or yellow from drinking carrot juice?
Consuming large amounts of carrots or carrot juice may make the skin yellow or orange, but this is not a result of the pigment contained in the carrot. A right dose of juice stimulates the liver to release toxins into the blood circulation. If there are a lot of them, the kidneys cannot remove them from the body on their own, which is why their performance is supported by the skin. Toxins that are excreted through it cause a change in the skin colour, thanks to which the body is purified. This is a temporary appearance.
How to make carrot juice yourself?
- In order to retain carrot juice’s as many beneficial properties as possible, you should buy carrots from a proven source – this way you will avoiding toxic substances and the need to peel it. Why is it better not to peel carrots? Because the skin contains the power of nutrients. Do not forget to wash the vegetables thoroughly- for example with a hard brush.
- Squeeze the carrot juice in a slow-speed juicer, which will help you get a valuable juice. High-speed, abrasive juicers that can also destroy enzymes are not the best choice.
- Drink juice soon after pressing to avoid oxidation of nutrients.
- You can enrich the carrot juice with an apple and ginger root.