The problem for many of us (especially in the winter season) is that nails are brittle, weak and break easily. How to take care of them? How to regenerate the nails and make them resistant to damage? Here are the best methods for strong nails that you can try at home.
Nails’ condition can change throughout the year. It is not related to the seasons of the year in general but to the way our organism’s condition changing. You should remember that nails are sort of a mirror for our health. In the winter when our immunity decreases and we lack sufficient nutrients, nails get weaker, more brittle, and are easily subjected to breakage.
However, there are methods in taking care of the nails that allow you to regenerate, nourish, and protect them against the damages. What’s important, most of those methods can be done in the comfort of your own house. Which tricks for nails strengthening should you know? Here are the best tricks that are recommended for thousands of women all over the world.
Nails care basis – the diet
The most important thing is for you to have enough nutrients. If your organism lacks nourishing substances, fingernails, hair, and skin will suffer from it. The question is simple: what to eat to have strong nails? You shouldn’t focus on specific products but introduce a diversified menu full of healthy produce. You should include in your diet among many:
- nuts and seeds rich in omega fatty acids,
- products rich in zinc, e.g. garlic, fish, eggs, germs,
- products rich in silicon, e.g. chives, oat flakes,
- vitamin bombs, e.g. avocado, carrot, parsley,
- healthy full grain products.
Horsetail and nettle for strong nails
Often recommended for nails care are herbs that can be delivered in form of dietary supplements or you can find them in cosmetics such as nails conditioner. The most popular duet is horsetail and nettle – the two natural sources of components that are invaluable for nails. Those contain not only silicon and zinc but also biotin and a lot of vitamins. Additionally, those are easily available and not too expensive, so it is worth introducing them in everyday life. How? For example, drinking herbal tea every evening.
Nails oil treatment – to strengthen nails
You shouldn’t forget about oils. Natural oils took by storm the beauty industry – deservedly because are a source of omega acids, phytosterols, squalene, and all the ingredients that help us take care of our selves. Can oils be used for nails? Of course. You should do it for a variety of reasons.
Nails oil treatment, or use of natural oils in everyday care, really works. Well-chosen oils for nails:
- provide the right level of hydration,
- nourish and revitalize the nail plate,
- eliminate dry cuticles and prevent new ones,
- strengthen the nail plate and eliminate nails brittleness,
- make nail plate even, smooth, and glossy,
- eliminate possible spots on the nails.
What are the best oils for nail oil treatment? Those that quickly and effectively will strengthen, make nails elastic, and smooth. There are a few favourites that you can use separately or prepare a perfect mix for nails oil treatment.
- Castor oil for nails is recommended especially when you want to speed up nails growth. It will not only regenerate, strengthen, and provide beautiful gloss, but also stimulate the cells to more efficient work and helps you grow long, strong, and resilient nails.
- Argan oil for nails is one of the most popular choices, mostly due to this oil popularity and the fact that it has such a versatile use. You can use it no matter the nails condition because it will always provide the same type of hydration, nourishment, and regeneration.
- Olive oil for nails is recommended equally often as argan oil because it is easily available. It contains numerous ingredients that support the regeneration of the nail plate, e.g. omega acids, vitamin E, and vitamin A. It also helps with nails growth.
Nails conditioners. Is it worth it?
Always when the homemade methods for strong nails fail you can go for specialistic products for nails care. We talk about nails conditioners available at the drugstores and pharmacies. You can choose from among various brands and methods of application (in a form of marker, nail polish, cream) – however, it is worth to pay attention to most of all nail conditioner composition. Which one will be best?
A good nails conditioner shouldn’t contain ingredients that are harmful (such as formaldehyde, toluene, etc.). The shorter and more natural composition the better. The best oil-based nails conditioners can be additionally enriched with horsetail and nettle extracts, vitamins A and E, ascorbic acid (brightening properties), etc.